Jobs and Internships
2016 National Conference and Global Forum on Science,
Policy, and the Environment
The National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) seeks a Part-time Conference Intern for it's15th National Conference on Science, Policy and the Environment: The Food-Energy-Water Nexus to take place January 19-21, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel, Crystal City, VA. This is part-time temporary position and is scheduled to conclude on February 5, 2016.
The part-time Conference Intern’s duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Manage poster presentation
- Reach out to all universities and colleges in the DC area to recruit volunteers
- Assist in monitoring the conference emails and answering inquires
- Assist with conducting inventory of conference materials leftover from last year and compile list of materials to order
- Help with various post-conference administrative duties as they arise by working directly with the Conference Program Manager and the Meetings Manager on general planning task
- Research partnering institutions
- Assist with management exhibitor and exhibition hall
- Assist with Media Correspondence
- Assist with coordinating conference volunteers - sending generic emails, maintain spreadsheet
- Assist with book signing
- Assist with website content updates
- Assist with the collection of speaker PowerPoint presentations and biographical information
- Assist with monitoring registration
- Assist with editing the conference program and other materials
Desired qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Some meeting planning experience.
- Strict attention to detail and thoroughness.
Interested applicants should send their resume along with a brief cover letter to Christopher Prince at Internships@ncseonline.org.